Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Spanish Music Review: Placido Domingo and Pablo Sainz-Villegas: Volver

 Plácido Domingo is on vocals and Pablo Sainz-Villegas is on guitar.  There are three instrumental guitar pieces and those are the numbers I like the best.  Plácido Domingo sings mostly of love.  One song is in Portuguese where he sings of a city, Coimbra.  He also sings of love in history of love: 

Siempre fuiste la razón de mi existir, Adorarte para mí fue religión, Y en tus besos yo encontraba, El calor que me brindaba, El amor y la pasión

You were always my reason for living, adoring you was my religion, and in you kisses I found the warmth that you gave me, love and passion.  

My favorite song is one I had hear before.  It is an instrumental here, Guajira Guantanamera.  It is played with lots of passion and spirit.  It is a song that stirs the blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment