Saturday, August 29, 2026

Music Review: Peter Paul and Mary (1962)

 Peter Paul and Mary self titled debut album form 1962.  Produced by Warner Brothers Records.  

The high light of this album is "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" written by Bob Seeger.  It is the last number on the C.D. and sets Peter Paul And Mary up as folk singers.  They also perform a few other folk songsg, "Lemon Tree," "If I Had a Hammer," and "500 Miles.'  "If I Had a Hammer" is also written. by Pete Seeger.  Paul Stookey and Peter Yarrow wrote an arrangement of the nursery rhyme "It's Raining, It's Pouring" which is very nice.  It adds lines from several other nursery rhymes such as "Lady Bug" and "Star Light Star Bright with the original line being the chorus.  They also did an arrangement of a traditional song, "This Train."  Very enjoyable.  I like the mellow melodies, the tight harmonies and the messages.  



No comments:

Post a Comment