Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Music Review: Half Nelson: Willie Nelson

Half Nelson: Willie Nelson, Columbia, 1985.

This Music C.D. gives us ten duets, some Willie Nelson songs and some songs of others but Nelson is always part of the duet.  We have: "Poncho and Lefty" with Merle Haggard, "Slow Movin' Outlaw" Lacy J. Dalton, "Are There Any More Real Cowboys" Neil Young, "I Told a Lie to My Heart" Hank Williams, "Texas on a Saturday Night" Mel Tillis, "Seven Spanish Angels" Ray Charles, "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" Julio Iglesias, They All Went to Mexico" Carlos Santana, "Honky Tonk Women" Leon Russell and "Half a Man" with George Jones.  Of these songs the one I preferred because it is most familiar is "To All the Girls I've Loved Before."  I also really like "Texas on a Saturday Night."  It really seemed like a party and everyone is having fun.  



No comments:

Post a Comment