Thursday, November 28, 2013

Which Christmas Radio Station Do You Prefer?

The Christmas season is now in full gear.  KJOY 99.3 has been playing Christmas for a few days, KOIT 96.5 is on boards as of yesterday, and KBAY 94.5 has started with the music today.  KJOY is a Stockton station that doesn't reach the Bay area.  KBAY really doesn't Manteca, and KOIT does reach Manteca, but is sometimes week signaled.  However I have been pleasantly surprised.  In fact I think I prefer it, because they do not shy away from the traditional, Christian, Christmas music.  I like to hear the traditional songs, in fact I usually prefer them. 
There are many more choices these days.  There is music through the TV Dish or cable.  There are also choices for Hula.  However, I think I prefer KJOY.
2016 This year I add another radio station to the list.  This is Sunny 102.3 out of Modesto.  This  gave me a couple stations in the valley, and if I didn't like one I could switch to the other.  I like more spiritual music than the secular, and some songs are just too much (like moaning for a guy).  My major complaint is that they turn off the Christmas music much to early.  I could listen at least through the end of Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment