Saturday, November 16, 2013

Christmas Movie Review: ** Christmas Carol, The Movie (2001)

 I must admit, this is not my favorite version.  It does have Kate Winslett as a love interest to Scrooge and she sings beautifully, but it doesn't have much else to recommend it.  It has a non animated section, which I enjoyed.  It showed Charles Dickens traveling to America, and reading the story with some changes. This part was well done.  When he tells the story it is animated.  The movie adds two mice, with the motivation of attracting children to see the show.  The mice just seem obnoxious to me and don't add anything.  In fact they change the tempo of the action.  The animation seems poorly done, although there is a long list of animators.  This is not the version I would pick to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment