Saturday, November 2, 2013

Movie Review: ***The Adventures of Tintin (2011)

This movie was a pleasant surprise, but I had it all wrong in my head.  I thought it was like Rin tin tin, a movie about a dog.  Instead Tintin is the principle character, a reporter.  Together with Captain Haddock they go on an adventure in search of gold, while facing an intergenerational villain.  I don't know how it works, but it seems the villain and the Captain have memories from their ancestors, and the villain is intent on pursuing an old grudge from his family against the Captain.  How the intergenerational thing works with shared memories, is something I don't understand.  It is one time you have to suspend belief.  This is an animated movie.  But it is a wild ride with motorcycle chases, plane crashes and an evil eagle.  It even has mechanical cranes fighting.  Now that is cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment