Saturday, August 10, 2013

Music Review: ****Carousel: Original Broadway Cast

***Carousel.  I listened to the musical selections from Carousel.  I can't get enough of "When You Walk Through a Storm."
This C.D. is the original Broadway cast (1945), and I prefer the movie cast, but still the story is poignant, and this one song is as good as it gets in musical theater. The rest of the music is not quite as good, but Soliloquy and If I loved you are also very nice.  However I can't get excited about the clam bake song.

1 comment:

  1. I like this score very much - adore the Carousel Waltz, the entire Queer One Jule Jordan/If I Love You sequence, When I Marry Mr. Snow, Soliloquoy; enjoy June Is Bustin' Out All Over, When the Children Are Asleep, When You Walk Through a Storm, What's the Use of Wonderin', Billy Makes a Journey; and am willing to sit through Blow High, Clambake, and Nothin So Bad for a Woman in order to hear all the rest of it.
    I'm REALLY looking forward to March 31st - we have 3rd row center seats to the new Broadway revival and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete