Friday, August 2, 2013

Movie Review: *****^Pride and Prejudice: My Favorite Movie Ever

My most favorite movie of all time is the Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth, 1995, Pride and Prejudice British Television Drama.  This is a six part portrayal of the Jane Austen classic.  I finished viewing it for the upteenth time this past weekend.  I must admit I prefer it to all other versions of Pride and Prejudice, including the Mormon version, the Keira Knightly version, or older versions I have seen.

As I watched, I tried to figure out why I like this presentation so much.   I think it is the feisty nature of Miss Elizabeth Bennett.  However I must admit, the mother of the family intrigues me as well.  Her attitude I find humorous, and human.  The father also is humorous, but in a different way. 

I am thrilled with the reaction of Elizabeth Bennet to the first marriage proposal from Mr Darcy.  When she reacts to him with a flat refusal and says that nothing would tempt her, even if he had "behaved in a more gentlemanly manner."  And then to watch people change thrills me.  Bot Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy change, and the most beautiful love blossoms in the end.

I think the real reason I like this so much, is because it always leaves me feeling good in the end.  After watching this movie, that happy buzz stays wit me for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment