Friday, August 16, 2013

Movie Review: **^True Grit (2010)

True Grit 2010 is a movie you shake your head at and wonder why it was made.   How do yo improve on the original with John Wayne and Glen Campbell and Kim Darby.  The dialogue was often the same as the original.  The actors were good, Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon, but I must admit I prefer John Wayne and Glen Campbell.  The girl was as spunky as in the original.  However the ending scene, with the girl now as an adult, and left with her arm having been amputated, was a little disturbing to me.  However they did leave it that she didn't know what came of LeBeuf, the Texas Ranger, whether or not he had survived his wounds.  If I had to take my pick, I would watch the original with John Wayne earning an Oscar for his portrayal.

No comments:

Post a Comment