Thursday, August 22, 2013

Movie Reviews: **^The Mill on the Floss;

The movie "The Mill on the Floss" has a totally unexpected ending. It is based on the novel by George Eliot.  It was of the true romantic character, and I'm not sure if I like it; in fact I'm pretty sure I don't.  If you like movies that end in a way totally unexpected, then you would enjoy this movie.  This movie depicts the love interests of Maggie, and her relationship with her brother.  Maggie is portrayed by Emily Watson, not Emma Watson.   However Emily Watson is a very good actress as well.  I think that is why I picked it in the first place, hoping to see Emma Watson. I watched it on Netflix Instant.  And as I said, I personally didn't care for the ending.

Maggie's first love is a young man with a hunch back.  He is an artist.  However he is also the son of the family's hated enemy, and her father, and brother after he passes away, refuse to the relationship.  She then falls for her cousin's boyfriend, and they run off together, and then she repents and goes back.  Because of family disgrace, her brother does not want to see her, and that leads us to the ending which I will not divulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment