Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Music Review: Cat Stevens: Tea for Tillerman

Cat Stevens Tea for Tillerman (1970)
 
The most popular song form this album is "Wild World."  This is my favorite song of the album.
It is a very interesting song and often replayed. 
Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
It's hard to get by just upon a smile
Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
I'll always remember you like a child, girl
 
I also like “Where do the Children Play?” in which Cat Stevens sings about building and building but maybe we miss some things in doing so.  He sings this with a nice baritone voice which is very effective. 
I know we've come a long way,
We're changing day to day,
But tell me, where do the children play?
 
Cat Stevens had talent for song writing and singing as demonstrated by this music.  It has an almost Seals and Croft feel, but not quite.
Cat Stevens did his own artwork for the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment