Friday, December 23, 2016

Music Review: "Messiah" Highlights

"Messiah" Highlights, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Philharmonic Chorus, John Pritchard conductor, Sony Music 1988.
This C.D. has a good combination of solos and choir numbers, and hits on many of the best.  It of course has "For Unto Us a Child Is Born" and "Hallelujah (Chorus),"  For solo numbers there are "Comfort Ye My People, "Every Valley Shall Be Exalted," "I Know that My Redeemer Liveth" and "The Trumpet Shall Sound."  These are well performed, although some the notes aren't quite the way I remember them.  The orchestra does "Pastoral Symphony."  My favorite are those we sang in high school.  However another favorite is "Behold the Lamb of God."  "Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world."  These words from Revelations resonate in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment