Friday, August 15, 2014

Music Review: Harold Budd and Brian Eno: The Pearl

Harold Budd and Brian Eno with Daniel Lanois: The Pearl 2005.
I must admit, there are some things I don’t get.  One of those is modern dance sometimes.  You either like it, or it just falls flat.  Another is some of this new age music.  This is supposed to be easy listening instrumental.  I guess it is easy in that it is slow.  Slow notes, sometimes not even seeming to be tied to the note before, with random sounds, electronic, or birds or something.  I just don’t get it.  I didn’t find it all that relaxing, and sometimes it was actually grating.  This music may be more appropriate for a scary night rather than relaxation.  “The Pearl” is the only song that seem to have cords, albeit broken. 
I could scarcely pick out even one song that I would like to keep except for “An Echo of Night.”  This would make a great sound for Halloween night.  There was some really spooky sound in this one. 
Other than that, the songs seemed to make my tinnitus worse rather than providing relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment