Sunday, January 3, 2016

Music Review: Nat King Cole An Evening With Nat King Cole HD



I really loved the music for this BBC concert special, 1963.  Nat King Cole starts with "Unforgettable" and just continues from one hit to another.  "Just the Way You Look Tonight" really moves me.  "When I fall In Love" is beautiful, and Cole performs this song better than anyone.  "When I fall in love it will be forever...When I give My Heart It Will Be Completely." Cole does a few song with a quartet, bass, drums, trumpet and guitar while Cole is the fifth on piano and vocals.  He starts with "Paper Moon" a personal favorite.  "Let There Be Love" is also beautifully done.  This group has incredible talent and there playing is very moving.  Cole's jazz piano is superb.  "Mona Lisa" is also very nice.  Later in the show Cole does a series of songs with a small choir.  I did not care for this section as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment