Sunday, January 10, 2016

Music Review: Back Roads to Cold Mountain

This is the music to the film Cold Mountain.  It is Bluegrass genre from several different performers.  It is suppose to be Civil War Era music.  There is lots of banjo and violin playing here.  Bluegrass vocals for the most part sound to me like someone singing who is sick, for the most part it is bad.  However they sing on key, just with an "I don't care" attitude.  They best songs in this set, I felt were the two about strangers, "Wayfaring Stranger" by Bill Monroe and "Rank Stranger" by The Stanley Brothers.  If you want a sad, slow song then "And I am Born to Die" by Doc Watson and Gaither Carlton would be a good listen.  I mildly enjoyed this music.  Sheri hated it.  I must admit, it was a bit much by the time we got through 27 tracks together.

No comments:

Post a Comment