Monday, September 23, 2013

Music Reviews: ****^The Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber



This is an anthology of the music created by Andrew Lloyd Webber.  It has many different artists.  The song I like the best on this CD is Donny Osmond singing "Close Every Door." Donny singing with the children's choir is just perfection.  This album also offers excerpts from "Phantom of the Opera."  It has Sarah Brightman singing "Piu Jesu." A couple other highlights are Michael Ball singing "Love Changes Everything" and Mandy Patikin and Patty Lupone singing "High Flying Adored."  Mandy Patikin is exquisite in this rendition.  I am also partial to this as this is the cast I saw in New York.  Another perfect song is Glen Close singing "With one Look."  There are a couple songs that I don't enjoy.  One is "Jesus Christ Superstar"  Combining Christ and rock music doesn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment