Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Music Review: Kristy Starling: Kristy Starling (2003)


Christian music can be so relaxing, and the words can mean so much.  Kristy has a very nice singing voice, and brings lots of emotion.  I especially found the choruses appealing.  Singing of the Lord she says,
WATER
I don’t know what I’d do
I couldn’t go one day without You
You are like water to me. 
MUST HAVE BEEN ANGELS
It must have been angels who carried me
When I was too weak to lift my feet
When I was too blind to clearly see
Heavenly lights shined down for me
It must have been angels.
I NEED YOU 
I need You like water
like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven’s gate
There’s a freedom in Your arms
That carries me through
I need you
The song I enjoyed the most was “Broken”  In this song Kristy puts her heart on display, and sings with incredible emotion.  “Cause I’m, I’m broken And I’m ready for You to pick up the pieces.”  Aren’t we all broken, and come short of the mark.  It is the Lord picking up the pieces, and carrying us home that feels us with joy, and gives of the hope of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment