Saturday, July 19, 2014

Music Review: Bread - The Best of Bread (1973)


This album is the album you would give someone who asked you to define "easy listening."  easy listening must be my style, because in this songs I see hit after hit. This version has the additional tracks from the 2001 version.  Side one is all hits with such songs as "If" "Everything I Own" "Everything I Own"  "Diary" "Baby I'm a Want You" and "It' Don't Matter to Me."  That set I could listen to over and over.  If is one of my favorite songs ever.  I had the sheet music growing up and would try to play on the piano and sing.  I actually presented this once in seminary devotional:
"If"

If a picture paints a thousand words
Then why can't I paint you?
The words will never show
The you I've come to know

If a face could launch a thousand ships
Then where am I to go?
There's no one home but you
You're all that's left me too
And when my love for life is running dry
You come and pour yourself on me

If a man could be two places at one time
I'd be with you
Tomorrow and today
Beside you all the way

If the world should stop revolving
Spinning slowly down to die
I'd spend the end with you
And when the world was through
Then one by one the stars would all go out
Then you and I would simply fly away
Side two is a bit harder, but includes "Mother Freedom" and "Down on my Knees.  With the extra music we have "Guitar Man" and "Aubrey."

No comments:

Post a Comment