Saturday, March 1, 2014

Movie Review: ****Taken

This movie grabs you and takes you in.  Kim (Maggie Grace) is 17 and headed to Paris with a friend.  Her father, Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) has reservations, but signs off on letting her go, reluctantly.  She and her friend are kidnapped by Albanian sex trade criminals.  In the process of being kidnapped, she is on the phone with her father, who is an ex CIA man with a special set of skills.  After the daughter is taken, he talks to the man on the phone, "Bryan Mills: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."  This leads to a very violent search for his daughter.  He first meets the front man at the airport, who runs away and gets hit by a car.  He then goes to the sex scenes, the first where his daughter was, but is no longer there.  He leaves death destruction and mayhem.  He gets a clue that leads him to the next the next sight, where he finds Marko, the man on the phone.  he again leaves death and destruction.  He tortures Marko, and gets a name where they sold his daughter, to a special slave trade.  He gets more information from his Paris police friend, reluctantly (he has to shot his wife to get him to help--a flesh wound).  This leads him to an upper end auction, which he crashes, but gets caught.  He is cuffed to a pipe.  The boss says to kill him quietly.  He is able to break the pipe, turn the tables, more death and mayhem; and after shooting the boss, gets him to tell where the customer is who bought his daughter.  He then dispatches the boss.  He is next on the yacht, more destruction and mayhem and death, and he is reunited with his daughter.  This movie is a good ride.  It is violent, not appropriate for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment