Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Review: ****^ Peter and the Sword of Mercy

Several years ago I read the trilogy of the Peter and the Star Catchers.  It is written by Dave Berry and Ridley Pearson.  This book is published by Disney Hyperion Books 2009.  This series of Peter Pan Books is terrific, and this book carries the torch well.  I had thought the series had ended, but the authors explained they were convinced to return to the characters that make this series so enjoyable.  Their evil characters, are just so evil, and have such great evil powers, Skeleton who if he touches you causes great pain, and Ombra, the shadow stealer.  We are introduced to Wendy in this series who is now a young woman, and she has the task to find Peter.  There is an unlikely group of allies put together, including two college professors, a member of the star catcher group—big strong fellow with an even bigger and stronger bear as his right-hand man.  What a terrific story with such a finish.  I had difficulty putting it down, and when I finished I was looking for something more to read.  Fortunately there is another book in the series.  I need to get to the library and see if I can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment