Monday, September 14, 2015

GORDON LIGHTFOOT IN CONCERT 1972


This is a 1972 concert of Gordon Lightfoot.  Lightfoot is considered the best song writer ever from Canada and achieved international fame with his mellow voice.  It includes Lightfoot's early style.  He sings country, folk, light rock, and sometimes even has a jazzy feel to some of his songs.  This set includes "If you Could Read my Mind."  This song includes his lament about a relationship gone bad:
I never thought I could feel this way 
And I got to say that I just don't get it.
I don't know where we went wrong 
But the feelings gone 
And I just can't get it back.

"Talking in your Sleep" shows relationships in a better light. 
 "When you close your eyes and go to sleep
And it's down to the sound of a heartbeat
I can hear the things that you're dreaming about
When you open up your heart and the truth comes out"
He also sings "Bobby McGee."  One of his early success, "Early Morning rain" is also included.

No comments:

Post a Comment