Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Music Review: Dionne Warwick: The Definitive Collection

Dionne Warwick can sing.  Many of the songs on this CD I listened to when young, but had no idea that Warwick had recorded this song.  Some are likely redone versions of other artists, but others are likely just hers.  "Walk on By" is a classic.  SHe sings a lot about relationships.
 "Walk on by, walk on by
Foolish pride
Is all that I have left
So let me hide
The tears and the sadness you gave me
When you said goodbye"

Another classic is "Say a Little Prayer for You" also done by Aretha Franklin.  This has a catch thyme right from the beginning.
"The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I say a little prayer for you
Oh while combing my hair now
And wondering what dress to wear now
I say a little prayer for you

Another song I like is from the same era.  Maybe I like it as I work in San Jose.  "Do You Know the Wat to San Jose."  These songs were all written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David.  
This collection is an anthology which gives a wide range of Warwick's music; and the singer can really move you.

No comments:

Post a Comment