Sunday, June 7, 2015

Music Review: Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella (Original Broadway Cast Recording) (2013)

The music CD for the updated Cinderella is very good.  The music is clear, and includes many familiar songs.  I questioned how they could say "original" when this musical has been presented before.  However this musical was written for television, first starring Julie Andrews in 1957.  It has been reproduced for television twice since, each time adding new songs.  This is the first Broadway Production and features Laura Osnes as Cinderella and Santino Fontana as the prince.   I love "In my Own Little Corner", "Impossible" with Victoria Clark as the fairy Godmother and "10 Minutes Ago", especially when the prince sings "I have found her."  I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment