Saturday, October 29, 2016

Book Review: Star Wars The Force Awakens

Star Wars The Force Awakens, Alan Dean Foster, screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan, J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt based on Character of George Lucas, Del Rey, New York, 2015.

The book added more depth to the story; but even after the movie and the book, I still have questions about motivation.  The biggest question of course is why did Ben Solo become Kylo Ren, turning to the dark side.  The book points out the manipulations and scheming of Supreme Leader Snoke.  I am at a loss to explain when Luke Skywalker would have run away.  He is not the type.  To me this is the biggest hole in this whole plat thing, and I am waiting for explanation.  Just because Ben went to the dark side is not enough reason for his actions.  This part doesn't make sense.  
As for the rest of it, I understand better where the storm troopers come from and why one of them might go rogue and join the rebellion.  We are still waiting for the parentage of Rey, and why she would be so great in the force.
However, I enjoy a good Star Wars read and found this book very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment