Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Movie Review: ****^Celtic Woman: A Christmas Celebration

Sharp, beautiful vocals, two back up choirs, terrific arrangements, traditional Christmas songs and some new, orchestral backup, dancing violinist.  This concert has it all.  It is available through You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jga12Im8cvk&list=HL1355954816&feature=mh_lolz
I like everything about Celtic Women except the silly way they hold their arms.  
I particularly like the arrangement of "Away in a Manger." Orla Fallon does vocals on this song.  I think this is my favorite Christmas Hymn.  I also heard an old carol I had never heard before, with a powerful message.

The Wexford Carol
Good people all, this Christmas-time,
Consider well and bear in mind
What our good God for us has done
In sending his beloved Son.
With Mary holy we should pray
To God with love this Christmas day;
In Bethlehem upon that morn
There was a blessed Messiah born.

I want to double this testimony.  There was a Messiah born that day, and He is my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment