Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Movie Musical Review: **Scrooge 1970

  This is a musical version featuring Albert Finney and Alec Guinness.  When I realized it was a musical, I had my doubts, and those doubts were confirmed.  How could Scrooge be a singer?  Although I enjoyed hi "I hate people."  I did not like the songs at the end, "I love Christmas" which turned into a big production numbers, just to have one it seemed.  Scrooge played Santa to the Crachetts, which didn't work for me as it was too drastic a change.  The anonymous Scrooge is more to my liking.  Alec Guinness lived up to his being a master of disguise, but his character seemed like a robot rather than a ghost.

1 comment:

  1. John Charles BelzGroup Admin I hated it at first, but now one of my favorites.

    Steve Taysom I like Alec Guinness's eccentric portrayal of Marley, but Finney's Scrooge just baffles me.

    Craig Wichman Both just... Off-.

    Rick Du Bose ESPECIALLY the young Scrooge!!....like a wooden Indian....

    Faye Reece Good songs.

    ReplyDelete