Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Book Review: ***^The Cat Who Smelled a Rat

This is my first experience with a Lilian Jackson Braun book, and this is obviously not the first.  Inside the cover it has 25 other "Cat" books. This was published 2001 so there are likely more, however Sheri says the author has now passed away. Since we are now cat owners, I figured I would give it a try.

This book tells the story of a semi retired columnist.  He still writes his column, but seems to be independently wealthy.  He has two Siamese cats.  The cats sense something is wrong.  The fires are not accidental.  And so we have a mistery which the columnist helps to figure out, with the aid of the cats.  The clue they need is discovered by one of the cats.  I don't think there is a moral or theme to the book, other than having a good time--which I needed this week.

I think I enjoyed this enough to venture to some more books.  Sheri says she has read them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment