Monday, October 14, 2013

Movie Review: ****^Wait Until Dark (1967)

This is an excellent movie which features Audrey Hepburn as a blind woman, Susy Hendrix.  Somehow she becomes entangled in a drug smuggling case, when her husband brings home a doll from an overseas trip.  They are both innocent bystanders, but still the doll is wanted by the drug lord (Alan Arkin) who is willing to kill or do whatever he needs to do to get his heroin stash.  They have searched the house, but not found the doll.  They now plan to play a intricate con game to get Mrs. Hendrix to divulge the location of the doll.  The neighbor girl has borrowed the doll, not telling anyone.  This movie has lots of intrigue and danger.  Susie Hendrix seems so vulnerable.  I keep it with our Alfred Hitchcock movies, even though it is not.  This movie does not have anything inappropriate other than violence.  It is good for a scare.

3 comments:

  1. Dean Meservy: They used to show it at Halloween every year. Possibly the scariest film of all time, after Spice World and Hannah Montana: The Movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Shepherd: 1st time I ever saw it was at South Cache. Screamed like a girl (along with everybody else it seemed) when Alan Arkin made the leap.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Jackie Christensen: I tried to buy it in the Books of yesterday to watch it with my grand kids. I remember it was scary and Audrey is my fav.Actress.I was thinking a fun Halloween mth.for a good movie.
    Jackie Christensen: I was 13 when I saw it, and my grand daughters are almost 11. but I loved it.
    Eric Bowen: Had nightmares for a long time... that and Death on the Highway.... UGH>>>
    Dean Meservy: I actually bought this movie from iTunes and have it on my iPad. It's just as scary now as when David Shepherd (inter alia) screamed and made me jump out of my seat 44 years ago this month. My heart rate is just now getting back to normal.
    Jackie Christensen: It is fun to watch a favorite movie umteen years later and see it again, even better to see the reaction of grand kids.
    Lex Maughan: Been there done that
    Sandi Plowman Bennion: Since I didn't go to South Cache I didn't see it there, but it was a favorite of mine.
    Gail Andrews Gasser: Saw it at North Cache...
    Sylvia Niederhauser Olson: It was "The Birds" one year when I was there. Still get creeped out by birds.
    John C Lisonbee: I just mentioned this about an hour ago to my wife and son. How weird.Wait until dark was a scary movie at south cache.

    ReplyDelete