Saturday, May 22, 2021

Music Review: Vivencia: Mi Cuarto

 

This is an album I purchased many years ago when I was in Argentina for my mission.  This group has the feel of Seals and Croft or Simon and Garfunkel, but a couple times get carried away with sound effects.  In my youth the son "Pequeno Pasajero" had a great influence on me becoming a social worker and wanting to do something for children.  It tells the story of a boy who rides the train selling candy in hopes of getting something with which to buy bread.  I actually saw these children when I was in Argentina.  Another song on a similar vein is is "Los Juguetes y los Ninos."  In this song the toys wonder why the children suffer with longing and they are stuck in the show window.  "Mi Cuatro" is the title song iin which the author seeks refuge in his room.

The duo has rhythmic guitar and acoustic guitar and adds harmonic at times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment