Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Music Review: Frankie Valli: Romancing the 60s

There are some songs in this 1960s set that are worth remembering.  Frankie Vlli started with The Four Seasons before launching a solo career.  It appears this was recorded by Frankie Valli in 2007 of songs he like from the 60s.  Most are covers.  My favorite is "What a Wonderful World" but admittedly this isn't my favorite version of the song.   "Any Day Now" is very nice.  I really like the opening, "I'll bless the day I found you."  It is sung with great sentiment.   "Let it be Me" and "Call Me" are also in this same vein, beautiful songs.  "My Girl" is also very nice and has that special feel.  However the cream here is "On Broadway."  This song was an original for the Drifters.  This is a song that gets you moving.  "They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway.  They say there's always magic in the air."  This song gets you moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment