Friday, April 15, 2016

UNBORN CHILD by SEALS & CROFTS



I am sharing this song from the album, because the You Tube version cuts off some of the beginning, and the words are very important.  This song came out in 1974, a year after Roe Vs. Wade.  Seals and Croft were very brave to produce such a song in a volatile climate.  The climate is still volatile.  I must share my belief that children are from God.  I also believe life begins at conception.  I want to stand with the precious babies.  I don't want to offend anyone, but I want to share my belief.

Sheri and I had two babies who did not breathe.  They were both born before Natalia.  Billy Boy passed away at eight months of pregnancy.  We have always considered him part of our family and look forward to meeting him some day.
Early on in our marriage Sheri had a miscarriage, at about two months.  Again this was a male child.  I don't know why, but Sheri and I have never thought of that first baby as part of our family.  With Billy Boy we felt him kick and squirm in Sheri's womb.  When he was born I wanted the doctor to pound on his chest and make him breath; even though he had been dead a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment