Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Movie Review: **^Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Charity, Tony, Anthony and I went to the cheap theater to the movie today. They were having problems with the projection, so the first part the sound was bad. they gave us free passes which I gave to Charity so she can keep dating.

As for the movie, it was recommended by Tara Bence, Mark's girlfriend. I enjoyed it. There were parts that were really funny, and others that where just mildly humorous. The moral of the story was that it is always better to be honest and forthright, especially when it comes to your friends. A secondary theme was that you accept your friends, rather than trying to change them so as to make yourself be more popular or accepted.

I really enjoyed the curse of the "cheese touch." I am also glad that this gave our main character a chance to make things right. (Those who have seen the movie know what I'm talking about.) I enjoyed the mix of animation with filmed scenes. I wanted the reporter to me a more integral part of the plot, and for her to have been on camera more. She seemed like someone I wanted to get to know more, but didn't get the opportunity. Instead we got the stereotyped bully girl who was on stage too much. I must admit the apple scene was funny, and who could blame a tree for throwing a few apples.

For those of us who survived Middle School, we could identify with the movie, and the need to "be popular." I was never in that group, so could identify with being "alone" in the cafeteria amongst all the other students. I also remember being so worried in the shop class that I was going to lose a few fingers that I never really went crazy with doing projects.

I would mildly recommend this movie. It didn't maintain Tony's (three-year-old's) interest. He is more into Spider Man these days. He saw Spider Man in a modern artwork with lots of red which was hanging in the lobby. He also enjoyed the games, a car video game, and would spent his time sitting in the chair and I didn't have to put in quarters. However it is a good story for those of the middle school age, and those who have survived it.

No comments:

Post a Comment