Saturday, November 5, 2016

Music Review: Rascal Flatts, "Feels Like Today"


This c.d. is full of classic country music.  It starts right off with a love song, "Where You Are."  The chorus and the second verse are so poetic I had to share:

You're a waterfall, washing over me
I'm a thirsty man let me drink you inWell I am on my way, You're a mountain topWhen I reach for you, your love lifts me upAll that I want is to be Where you are
I'm the frozen ground, you're the warm sunlightShining down on me, baby just in timeWell I have never been in a love like thisOh, you move my soul every time we kissAnd I love how you heal; I can't believe how alive I feel



Gary LeVox is the lead singer, with Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney.  They and others write the songs.  This is their third album, with over 5 million in sales.  The also use several other background musicians.  
The titular song is very nice, "Feels Like Today."  In this song, the singer is waiting for something to happen, something to change in his life.  It feels like today that it will actually happen.  
"When the Sand Runs Out" is a classic motivational song.  When they get to the chorus this song is just exciting:
I'm gonna stop lookin' back and start movin' on
And learn how to face my fears
Love with all of my heart, make my mark
I wanna leave something here
Go out on a ledge, with out any net
That's what I'm gonna be about
Yeah I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out.

"The Day Before You" is another classic love song: 
"I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

The three co-wrote Oklahoma-Texas Line.  This song has a different energy, is more up beat and gets the blood moving.  
These songs move me.  Sometimes the country feel can be repetitive, but there is no better venue to share a story, and these men do this remarkably well.  




No comments:

Post a Comment