Friday, March 20, 2015

Music Review: Finians’s Rainbow The Original Broadway Cast Recording

Finians’s Rainbow The Original Broadway Cast Recording, music Burton Lane, lyrics E.Y. Harburg

I was a little disappointed with this music.  The original case played in 1947 and the show ran for 725 performance (Wikipedia)  This version is not near as fascinating as the movie with Petula Clark and Fred Astair my Dad took me to see as a youngster.  There was too much emphasis on the Irish accent that makes it hard to understand, and in the end it is just a jumble.  However, “Look to the Rainbow” is one of my favorite songs ever.  As for my other favorite song from the musical “How Are Things in Glocco Morra?”  I did not like the version in this original cast recording.  Ella Logan is the actress who sings these songs in this version.

No comments:

Post a Comment