Monday, November 7, 2022

Musical Movie Review: ****Cyrano

 I watched this from Netflix DVD and was ready for some romantic fun.  I didn't suspect that it would be. musical.  Very good in fact with many love song based on Cyrano's poetry, although Roxanne is just as romantic.  The point of this movie is you should confess your love, which is better than hiding based on what you perceive may be the result of your love.  I guess is the other point is don't make your rulers mad as they may send you to war where you are likely to die.  The love triangle: Cyrano (Peter Dinklage) Christian (Kelvin Harrison Jr.) who both love Roxanne (Haley Bennett).  Cyrano worries that his being a small person would make Roxanne not love him; so instead he writes love notes for Christian.  When they are away at war he continues to write love letters, everyday.  It is only when it is too late, that he confesses his love.  This is a true romantic story.  I enjoyed it, the the music is haunting.  

Madly

Have your ever wanted something 

So badly you cannot breathe?

Have you ever loved someone Madly?

Whatever Comes

… I need someone to die forWrite poems and cry forAnd I won't be ashamedI'm nobody's petNo one's wife, no one's womanAnd I won't play that game
… I'd give anythingFor someone to sayThat they can't live without meAnd they'll be there foreverI'd give anythingFor someone to say to meThat no matter how bad it getsThey won't turn away from me

No comments:

Post a Comment