Friday, July 13, 2018

Movie Review: ****Cinderella (1957)

This is the original presentation of this Rogers and Hammerstein musical.  This musical was written for television and was first performed live in 1957 with Julie Andrews in the starring role.  Jon Cypers plays the prince.  Many of the songs form this musical taught me about love, although I was watching a later version.  "Do I love you because you're beautiful; or are you beautiful because I love you." and the "Ten Minutes Ago" is classic: "I have found her, she's an angel, with the dust of the stars in her eyes!  We are dancing, we are flying and she's taking me back to the skies.
Those kinds of melodies and lyrics make a home run every time.
This film is in black and white, but beautifully done.  The songs carry the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment